Project Engineer Piping & Mechanical – Freelance #01068
Are you a PRO in following up medium and large projects? Are you an expert when it comes to rotating and static equipment?
You will be working for an international chemical company in Antwerp (LO). Your main focus will be Mechanical Engineering: chemical plant equipment (static & rotating) and associated piping, steel, concrete for these equipment.
Interested? Sign in for a freelance project as a Project Engineer Mechanical & Piping.
Function of a Project Engineer:
- You are responsible for the engineering and project management of projects from start/concept through basic & detailed engineering to implementation and handover to the user (production & maintenance).
- You are responsible for the implementation of the project (or part of the project, e.g. the “mechanical” part) within budget, quality & timing and report progress.
- Regulations, norms and specifications on HSEQ serve as basis for guiding the aspects of your project work.
Profile of a Project Engineer:
- You have obtained a higher degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the (petro)chemical industry.
- You have a very good knowledge of mechanical engineering, chemical process installations, A-Z project management (engineering, procurement, construction, startup,…).
- You have a good knowledge of process safety (ref HAZOP) that is required in the design & operation of chemical plant installations and experience with preparing the project for HAZOP review & participating in such a review and following up on the HAZOP requirements.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You can work autonomously and in teams, you are a good communicator, and can build & maintain good relations with involved parties (project team, contractors, suppliers, stakeholders).
- You are a conceptual thinker with technical knowhow and practical/hands-on approach and problem solving skills.
- You hava a high sense of responsibility for project work and commitment to safety.
A freelance project with a duration of 3 years