Construction manager #00996
As a Construction Manager you are responsible for the daily coordination of construction activities for capital projects and/or the execution of shutdowns and turn arounds. The follow-up and coordination of external contractors is also under your supervision
Your responsibilities as a Construction Manager:
- Develop the construction execution plan and manage the quality of construction management of capital projects, shutdowns and turn arounds.
- Lead the site inspection for the acceptance of partial completion and full completion of contractor’s work, lead the construction management team to prepare punch list and execute punch-killing activities till the complete acceptance of the project.
- Lead the construction management team to verify the quantities of completed work or completed milestones to support the certification of payment to construction contractors as per the construction contract.
- Review the contractor’s daily report and weekly report, and support the scheduler for physical progress checking.
- Conduct regular construction coordination meetings with contractors
- Establish responsibilities and work flows for all reporting lines and field support personnel
- Lead the constructability review or studies for construction feasibility during Engineering phase
- Support the development of the construction quality plan during preparation phase, and implement the quality plan during the construction phase.
- Support labor and machinery resources planning to support the scheduling of construction, check the contractor’s manpower plan to validate the construction schedule.
- Support PM /TA manager and procurement function to develop the contracting plan, lead the preparation of technical documents of request for proposal (or invitation to bid), lead bid clarification and evaluation.
- Mechanical or chemical engineering or other engineering education background. Master degree preferred.
- Having at least 5 years of reliability, maintenance or project execution related experience.
- Knowledge of Turn around or project planning and scheduling is preferable.
- Knowledge planning tools and SAP is preferable.
- Good conflict management and leadership skills.
- Good team player and the ability to motivate
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English. Basic skills in German are desired.
You will apply for an international company, located in the Harbour of Antwerp. Are you in for great team spirit and training opportunities? Send us your CV and motivation! Besides an interesting salary, you will get full benefits.