Construction manager – Freelance #01086
As a freelance Construction Manager you are responsible for the daily coordination of construction activities for capital projects and/or the execution of shutdowns and turn arounds. The follow-up and coordination of external contractors is also under your supervision.
The expected duration of this project is 2 years, starting in January 2020, and you will be site based in Antwerp.
Your responsibilities as a Construction Manager:
- Develop the construction execution plan and manage the quality of construction management of capital projects, shutdowns and turn arounds.
- Lead the site inspection for the acceptance of partial completion and full completion of contractor’s work, lead the construction management team to prepare punch list and execute punch-killing activities till the complete acceptance of the project.
- Lead the construction management team to verify the quantities of completed work or completed milestones to support the certification of payment to construction contractors as per the construction contract.
- Review the contractor’s daily report and weekly report, and support the scheduler for physical progress checking.
- Conduct regular construction coordination meetings with contractors
- Establish responsibilities and work flows for all reporting lines and field support personnel
- Lead the constructability review or studies for construction feasibility during Engineering phase
- Support the development of the construction quality plan during preparation phase, and implement the quality plan during the construction phase.
- Support labor and machinery resources planning to support the scheduling of construction, check the contractor’s manpower plan to validate the construction schedule.
- Support PM /TA manager and procurement function to develop the contracting plan, lead the preparation of technical documents of request for proposal (or invitation to bid), lead bid clarification and evaluation.
- Having at least 5 years of reliability, maintenance or project execution related experience.
- Knowledge of Turn around or project planning and scheduling is preferable.
- Knowledge planning tools and SAP is preferable.
- Good conflict management and leadership skills.
- Good team player and the ability to motivate
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English. Basic skills in German are desired.
An interesting project of 2 years, starting in January 2020 in Antwerp